Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two weeks = three days?

So, on Sunday I spent about $700. On Monday I spent a couple hundred, and Andy bought a new paddle for about $300. On Tuesday, I spent $108 on new cordless phones, and over $100 on groceries and other things we needed. In total, I think we've spent at least $1500 in three days. UGH.

Next week is spring break, and if Andy's home, I'm sure it will be full of spending. We'll be trying to get some things done around the house, and I know I'll end up spending money, to say nothing of the food. If Andy's not home, I don't think it will be bad. I'm loathe to take the girls to the stores if I can wait and go by myself. In addition, some of the money I spent at the start of this week was on projects to keep them busy next week. Like I needed to do that. . .

Anyway, I don't even know what to say about this month. We appear to have done all of our normal spending. And there is still more than a week to go. Uffda.

April would look hopeful, but we have three long nights of babysitting on the calendar already! Those nights will also require quite a bit of additional spending. I am hoping I can keep those three nights under a total of $300.

I feel really bad about all this. I've got to figure out how to get back to good. Perhaps reading more Cheapskate books will inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment